Bu Blogda Ara

6 Mart 2010 Cumartesi

Suicidal Tendencies

I got into a war I can never win
Where the nightmare never ends
And I don't know what I'm saying
Got into a war with reality
That motherfucker it was waiting for me
And I lost again!
I lost again!


Müzik zevkimi Ahmet Kaya, Grup Yorum tarzı müziklerden thrash-hardcore punka çeviren bir grubu yazmak mecburiyetinde hissettim kendimi. Melankolik ve kaybeden tavırlarından ebeni zükeceeem, götüne koyacaam, zevkten ağlatıcaaam tarzı geçişlerine hastayım bu adamların. 1981'de bir punk efsanesi olan Mike Muir tarafından kurulan ST'nin en önemli özelliği belki de popüler olma kaygısı taşımadan hayranlarıyla bir aile olduğunu göstermektir.

Elemanlar





Not
Elemanlar olarak sadece en sağlam olduğunu düşündüğüm elemanlarını yazıyorum. Yoksa bitmez bu liste.






Mike Muir(Vokalist)
Cyco lakaplı Mike Muir abisi Jim tarafından iyi ki kaykaya (ulan İngilizce'de skate derken bir karizması var, bizdeki isme bak amına koyayım) ve punk müziğe alıştırılmış. Yoksa Go Skate tarzı parçalarla başlayan ST asla bir You Can't Bring Me Down yapamazdı. Sesi gariptir bu ibnenin... İlk dinleyişlerde kulak tırmalasa da sonradan kendisine hasta eder, bağımlılık yapar. ST ailesinin göbekli büyük abisidir. Hafiften yaramazdır ama çaktırmaz...

Rocky George(Gitarist)
Zenci ve müzik denince akla hemen yo yo diye konuşan, götlerine altın vibratör sokan ibneler gelir değil mi? Bu herif öyle değil işte! Adam metal tarihinin en taşaklı gitaristlerinden biridir. Soloları harikadır... Şarkının ne hissettirmesi gerekiyorsa o duyguyu hissedersin soloda. Zamanında başka bir punk grubu Cro-Mags'de de çalmıştır kendisi (sağlam gruptur bu da). Numbers From The Beast tribute albümünde de ustalarla çalıştı.

Robert Trujillo(Bassist)
Her ne kadar kendisi funk öğelerini katmakta ısrar edip ST'nin içine sıçmış olsa da bas çalmak konusundakki yeteneği inkar edilemez. Zaten yeteneksiz adam Metallica'yla, Ozzy Osbourne'la, Black Label Society ile çalamaz. Adamın götüne tekmeyi vururlar sonra da geri dönüp bakmazlar bile. Keşke Metallica'da çalacağına adam gibi müzik yapan bir gruba gitseydi de yeteneğini tam olarak görseydik...

Jimmy Degrasso(Baterist)
Bateriyi headbangden boyun kırılacak parçaların ismi bu ibnedir işte. Suicidal For Life gibi sikelim sokalım amlarına koyalım tarzı müziğin olduğu bir albümde Cyco söyleyerek, Rocky ağzıyla söverken kendisi de bateriyle sövmüştür. Megadeth'de çalarken grubun fanlarının tek sövme nedeni Nick Menza gibi Megadeth'e ait bir bateristin arkasından gelmesidir. En son F5 ile The Reckoning albümünü dinlemiştim.

Mike Clark(Ritm Gitar)
Çalıyor işte...

Albümler

Suicidal For Life'tan sonra grubun ortalık orospusu olmasından, her gördüğünün kucağına oturmasından dolayı diğer albümleri yazmıyorum.

Suicidal Tendencies:

Welcome to a modern blitzkrieg
With peace, I can't relate
Welcome to death now you'll love it
Once in a lifetime treat
Say goodbye to peace and order
You and my terror will meet


Daha gruba thrash öğeleri girmeden yapılmış kısa ve öz ilk albüm. Çatır çatır punk. Parçaların ortak yanı ilk 10 saniyede sakin bir girişten sonra yardırması.

Instutionalized albümün en çok bilinen parçası. Mike Muir annesiyle diyaloğunu anlatırken içimdeki asi ergen uyanıyor.

Suicide's an Alternative sözleriyle harbi lan dedirtip atlasam mı acaba camdan diye düşündürüyor. Sonra cama kadar gitmeye üşenip oturuyorum yerime.

Suicidal Failure karanlık ve muhteşem girişiyle harika bir parça. Dinlemeyeni züksünler.

Diğer parçalar da idare ediyor işte...



Join The Army:

The only thing real is the way I feel
And that's the pain that's deep inside
The battle from within is gonna begin
And there ain't nowhere to hide


Çok boktan albüm lan. War Inside My Head ve Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right hariç güzel parça yok. Yine de War Inside My Head sağlam.



How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today:
Before I drown in sorrow
Last thing that I'll say
How will I laugh tomorrow
If I can't even smile today


Albüme adını veren parça beraberinde rakı içilebilecek bir parçadır. Hele bunun özel bir heavy emotions versiyonu var ki oha amına koyayım dedirtiyor.

If I Don't Wake Up da sözleriyle vuruyor insanı... Yazamıyorum bile amına koyayım. Ayrıca Metallica'nın ilk dönemlerine benzeyen bir riffi var parçanın.

Diğer parçalar da güzel... Özellikle Trip at the Brain.



Lights... Camera... Revolution!

Adamlar yeter lan bu kadar sakin parça yaptığımız, biraz da coşalım demiş olacak ki böyle bir albüm yapmışlar. Sözlerin içeriği genel olarak aynı ama müzik coşuyor.

Give It Revolution
Throughout all time and history
The world's been mauled tyranny
Now we're refusing to take it
The worst evil the world has saw
Were crimes defended by the "law"
Deny our rights and we'll break it
You got to break the chains that hold you down
Crush the tyrants to the groud
Freedom cannot be legislated
We'll bow down to no other one
The Father and His Son
They can't deny what he's created
Most wars never should have been thought
But this is a war that must be fought
We'll take a wrong and we'll right it
The greatest weapon of the fascist
Is the tolerance of the pacifist
We've got to stand up and fight it
We'll give it

You got to give it revolution, give it revolution
We're gonna give it revolution, give it revolution
You got to give it revolution, give it revolution
We're gonna give it revolution

Well you can put a bullet in my head
But you can't kill a word I've said
You got the disease, I got the solution
No matter how much or more you try,
you can never ever make this martyr die
I give it revolution
Revolution!
You could put a bullet in my head
But you can't kill a word I've said
Give it revolution
No matter how or what you try
You can never ever make a martyr die
Give it revolution
Revolution


Sözleri bu kadar güzel ilk Suicidal parçası. Özellikle The greatest weapon of the fascist / Is the tolerance of the pacifist kısmı ve Well you can put a bullet in my head / But you can't kill a word I've said kısmı mesajı sike sike kafaya sokuyor.

Alone, sözleri muhteşem başka bir Suicidal parçası daha. Mike Muir işi biliyor...

Lovely ironinin allahını yapan, sözleriyle insanın bencilliğini gösteren bir parça.

Lost Again
Lost it! I'm caught in a rage
Like an animal locked in a cage
Now I look into the barrel of a gauge - doom!
Made me into a fool
Experimented on me like an animal
Turned me into a common criminal - criminal!
I lost it, but I gotta get with it
Motherfucker, now you're gonna get it
I ain't one that'll sit and forget it

I got into a war I can never win
Where the nightmare never ends
And I don't know what I'm saying
Got into a war with reality
That motherfucker it was waiting for me
And I lost again!
I lost again!

Took my dreams, ya left them there shattered
Took my hopes, ya dug in them and they splattered
Took my mind like it didn't even matter
Entered a world that I didn't belong
Thought I could take it but I stayed too long
Thought I could handle it, boy was I wrong!

Fighting a war I can never win
Where the nightmare never ends
And I'm not into playing
Got into a war with reality
That motherfucker it was waiting for me
And I lost again!

Lost it! Lost again!
Lost it! Lost again!
Lost it! Lost again!
I lost it!

I went to war with reality
That motherfucker he was waiting for me
I never thought that this could happen to me - damn!
Down so low that I can't no higher
When I was burning you put wood on the fire
You ain't nothing but a goddamn liar - liar!
Took all my strength now I tremble and drop
You got to be down to go over the top
Oh, god can't you make the laughter stop?

Died in a war I could never win
Where the nightmare never ever ends
And I lost again
Got into a war with reality
That motherfucker it was waiting for me
And I lost again!

Liar, killer! Lost again!
I lost!
Murder, killer! Hell I lost again!
No! No!
Cleanse me from your evil
You broke your promises!
What did I do to deserve this?

No one to save me from it!
Oh, lord please have mercy
And now I've come to see it
Something's gone wrong with me
I guess I got lost in reality
Hell I lost again!
Sure ain't easy, hell I lost again!


Söylenecek başka birşey var mı?

You Can't Bring Me Down metal tarihinin en güzel parçalarındandır. Suicidal Tendencies'i bilmeyen birisi bile (eğer metal dinliyorsa) bu parçayı bir yerde duymuştur ama kimin söylediğini bilmez.

The Art of Rebellion:
I'm screaming inside, why can't you hear
Nobody hears
You're looking right though me like I'm not here
Nobody hears


Bu albümde yine bir sakinlik dönemi var. Yine melankolik ve intiharla ilgili parçalar... Albümün tamamı muhteşem. Dinleyin lan ibneler!

Suicidal For Life:
I ain't no muthafucker, never had one
never really wanted one
But that don't mean your daughter's safe
Guess that makes me a daughter fucker


Grubun Epic ile arasının bozulmasından sonra çıkarttığı punk kökenlerine geri dönüş albümü. Thrashçi Suicidal fanlarının gruptan uzaklaşmasına sebep olsa da gayet leziz bir albüm.

Suicyco Muthafucka hem yukarda yazdığım bölümü her dinlediğimde gülmekten öldüğüm hem de grubun yaşadıklarına dair bilgiler içeren bir parça.

No Fuck'n Problem girişindeki harika riffle coşturan devamında gelen solosuyla orgazm çığlıkları attıran bir parça.

Don't Give Fuck riffleriyle Cyco'nun sakin sakin I don't give a fuck demesiyle gayet güzel bir parça.





Not
Bundan sonraki albümler yazmaya bile değmez...







Suicidal Tendencies Nedir Ne Değildir?


Yukarıda gördüğü şarkı sözlerini okuyanlar emo grubu lan bu diyebilir. Öyle değil işte! Zamanında Megadeth ile turlamış bir grubun emo grubu olmasına imkan var mı? Depresif olmakla emo olmak farklıdır. Metallica'nın, yeni nesil metal gruplarının yaptığını yapsalardı şu an metalin devlerinden biri olarak geçerdi isimleri. Parçaları adama sigara yaktırır, paket bitirttirir. Söylemek isteyip de nasıl söyleyeceğini bilemediğin şeyler olur bazen... Adamlar hepsini söylemiş. İzninizle How Will I Laugh Tomorrow dinleyerek tüttürüyorum.

__________
__________

You Can't Bring Me Down
What the hell's going on around here?

First off-let's take it from the start
Straight out-can't change what's in my heart
No one-can tear my beliefs apart, you can't bring me

You ain't-never seen no one like me
Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me

Never-fall as long as I try
Refuse-to be a part of your lie
Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me

You...can't...bring...me...down!

Who the hell you calling crazy? You wouldn't know what crazy was
If Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch....

Time out-let's get something clear
I speak-more truth than you want to hear
Scapegoat-to cover up your fear, you can't bring me

You ain't-never seen so much might
Fight for-what I know is right
What up-you got yourself a fight, you can't bring me

Stand up-we'll all sing along
Together-ain't nothin' as strong
Won't quit-we ain't in the wrong, you can't bring me

You...can't...bring...me...down!

Bring me down-you can't bring me down!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down, no!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down, you can't bring me down!

Tell them what's up Rocky!

You...can't...bring...me...down!

Bring me down-you can't bring me down!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down, no!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down, you can't bring me down!

So why you trying to bring me?
Well you can't bring me down...No, no, no, no
Can't bring me down....No, no, no, no, no, no
Can't bring me down....No, no, no, no, no, no
Can't bring me down....No, no, no, no, no, no
So why you trying to bring?
Well you can't bring me down

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good
And let me tell you something;

Before you go taking a walk in my world
You better take a look at the real world
Cause this ain't no Mister Roger's Neighborhood

Can you say "feel like shit"?
Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I ain't happy 'bout it, but I'd rather feel like shit than be full of shit!

And if I offended you, oh I'm sorry...
But maybe you need to be offended
But here's my apology and one more thing...fuck you!

Cos you...can't...bring...me...down!

Bring me down-you can't bring me down!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down, no!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down, no!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down, no!
Bring me down-you can't bring me down, you can't bring me down!

Can't bring me down!
Can't bring me down!
Can't bring me down!

Suicidal!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder